What is MicroBlading?
Manual microblading is a process that involves tiny, fine-point needles (instead of a tattoo gun) that make up a small disposable blade and handle to scratch and deposit pigment simultaneously under your skin. The result? Realistic-looking brow hairs that don’t wash off.
Eyebrow Micro Blading Before and After Care
• Do not take Aspirin wihtin 5-7 days before the procedure as it promotes bleeding
• Tylenol or other non aspirin relievers may be taken 1 hour prior to procedure
• Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly, or redden, it is advised not to make social plans for the same day.
• If unwanted hair is normally removed in the area to be treated, the hair removal process should be done at least 24 hours prior to procedure. Do not resume hair regularly until 2 weeks post procedure.
• If you usually tint your brows, ensure they are tinted 48 hours prior to the procedure. You must wait 2 weeks prior to tinting again.
• It is recommended to allergy test the pigment prior to planned procedure.
• Botox must be done 1 month prior to appointment
• During menstral cycles, you may be more sensitive to pain.
Post Treatment instructions:
Do not touch your new microbladed eyebrows for 24 hours after your session.
After 24 hours, use your wash solution to clean your brows 2x a day. pump/squirt some onto a cotton pad and wipe going with the direction of hair growth. Then dab dry. Add a tiny amount (grain of rice size) of aftercare lotion provided and rub in the same direction.
DO NOT: go in a sauna, hot tub or pool for at least 2 weeks,
DO NOT: Rub, peel or pick at your new brows
NO Sun exposure for at least a month.
NO antibiotic cream/ointment or vaseline.
Ensure make up/powder/foundation/blush doesn’t get on brows for at least 2 weeks.
Color will fade 30-40% when healed and strokes will also shrink.
The results and longevity of your tattoo will depend greatly on how you take care of your brows during the healing process and beyond. Each clients skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results.
Micro Blading Post Treatment
Most clients require at least 2 sessions for ideal results. The first session is to build shape and gain symmetry. The second session is to perfect the brows and add density. Adjustments and touch ups can be made 6-8 weeks after your first visit.
• The complete healing process takes 6-8 weeks; however the top layer of skin should heal after 2 weeks.
• Immediately following the procedure, your brows may experience minimal discomfort on the treated area. Many clients describe a similar sensation as a sunburn, with redness and swelling. Symptoms will subside within 24-48 hours.
• During the firs 3-5 days, your brows will initially appear to be darker and more sharply defined than the final result. The hair stroke may blend and look wet/painted on. This is normal and will lighten after a few days when the skin sheds. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes to become clearer.
• Minimal scabbing, flaking and dryness of the skin is normal after the first few days of the healing period. To avoid loss of brow hair stroke pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
• Results vary client to client. Not all brows heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tent to heal more solid and powdery, while drier skin types heal more crisp and defined.